Economic Development Manager
Link to Properties
Located in the Midwest area of the central U.S., the northern Illinois region is well positioned for national and international market access and rich with resources that can help your business grow.
ComEd is the principal electric distribution utility serving over 400 communities in Northern Illinois.
- Access to Markets.
- Readily available national and global access to suppliers and customers.
- Excellent Transportation Systems.
- Coast-to-coast interstate highway network.
- One of the busiest airport systems in the U.S.
- Our nation's largest rail hub.
- Internationally-navigable waterways.
- Skilled, Motivated Labor Force.
- Educated labor pool of 4.5 million.
- Specialized job training opportunities.
- World-Class Research and Educational Institutions.
- Over 60 institutions of higher learning, including seven major universities.
- Two internationally recognized scientific research and development facilities.
- Competitive retail electricity market and expanding infrastructure.
- Multiple natural gas pipelines to major production fields.
- Abundant fresh water.
Cultural and Recreational Centers
- Theatre, opera and live music.
- Science, history and cultural museums.
- More than 300 golf courses.
- Professional and amateur sports.
- Sailing, fishing, biking, hiking, and more.
Considering a relocation or expansion?
Your business can rely on ComEd External Affairs Department to provide information and assistance if you are considering a relocation/expansion in northern Illinois. The experts of ComEd's External Affairs Department can help you identify and access the rich resources of this vital region.
- Site Location Assistance -- Database of available commercial and industrial properties and vacant land parcels.
- Financial Assistance Coordination -- Financing, tax incentives and job training assistance available through state and local programs.
- Electricity Cost Calculations -- Estimated annual electricity costs based on expected consumption and delivery service options.
- Community Profiles -- Demographic information on the nearly 400 communities served by ComEd.